The Globe Media Excellence Awards (GMEA) announces the addition of the I-GCashMo Award to its list of categories for 2023. This special award recognizes stories demonstrating how GCash, the country’s leading mobile wallet, impacts everyday life, aids in livelihood, and opens up previously unavailable opportunities for Filipinos.
With its mission to provide finance for all, GCash continuously expands its services to offer GInvest, GLoans, GSave and more to the largely unbanked population.
“As Globe continues to go beyond telco, we are also expanding the scope of storytelling we would like to honor at the Globe Media Excellence Awards (GMEA). On its 10th year, the GCash award will be introduced in GMEA to recognize excellence in reporting on the impact of our fintech business. Since the pandemic, GCash has been a lifeline and life enabler to many Filipinos,” said Globe Group Chief Sustainability and Corporate Communications Officer Yoly Crisanto.
“We are excited to introduce the I-GCashMo Award as it shines a spotlight on the transformative power of digital financial inclusion. GCash has been a vital lifeline for many Filipinos during the pandemic. We want to acknowledge and celebrate the media practitioners who have captured these stories and brought them to the forefront,” said GCash Chief Customer Officer and New Businesses Head Winsley Bangit.
The award is open to all forms of media, including print, television, radio, and digital. To qualify, entries must have been published from January 15, 2022 onwards and meet the following requirements:
● For Digital: Formatted article in PDF or DOC, screen capture and URL of the article on the website, and supplementary photos/graphics in JPEG
● For Print: Formatted article in PDF or DOC and high-resolution copy of the published story in PDF or JPEG
● For TV: Report in MP4 format with transcript in PDF or DOC and certificate of airing
● For Radio: Report in MP3 format with transcript in PDF or DOC and certificate of airing
● Proof of social impact
● Actions by stakeholders in response to the story (in-screen captures, links, and/or with documents to support, if applicable)
● Link and screen capture of social media posts with proof of engagement (reactions, likes, comments, etc.)
● Privacy setting of posts must be set to PUBLIC
Entries will be evaluated based on two criteria: Content (50%) and Impact (50%). The Content criteria assess the quality of the piece in terms of its ability to accurately depict digital financial inclusion and effectively showcase the positive impact of GCash and its features on the lives of Filipinos. The Impact criteria evaluate the significance of the story to the target audience, its ability to inspire discourse and engagement, generate positive feedback and sentiments, and encourage the audience to adopt and utilize GCash services.
Submission of entries is until February 15, 2023. Winners will be announced at the awards night in Cebu in the first half of the year. GMEA@10 I-GCashMo Awardees in Visayas and Mindanao will receive P25,000 each.
GMEA has served as a significant platform for thousands of stories in the past nine years, recognizing authentic and outstanding works of media and social media practitioners from different parts of Visayas and Mindanao.
As it turns 10, the country’s longest-running media awards in Visayas and Mindanao mark this important milestone by celebrating innovations that uplift lives with compassion, care, and kindness under one digital nation.