Presented here is the socioeconomic development and political reform agenda of Manny SD Lopez, Vice Presidential candidate of Labor Party Philippines aka Workers and Peasants Party ( WPP ) this 2022 election. Our goal is to build a strong, just and progressive nation to make life better for all Filipinos.
- Science-based and cost-effective disaster and pandemic management program with pragmatic public health safety protocol.
- Comprehensive 3-pronged economic recovery program focused on improving local productivity and providing assistance to struggling Micro Small Medium Enterprises ( MSME ), entrepreneurs, workers, farmers and professionals:
- New Omnibus Investment Code
- Bankruptcy Law
- Low interest loans with easy terms
- Adopt an integrated agro-industrial development strategy to enhance the competitive advantage of MSMEs, agri-fishery sector and strategic industries to generate more investments, jobs and optimize economic opportunities nationwide.
- Amend the People’s Initiative ( PI ) law, prescribe reasonable implementing rules and regulations to make it a functional direct democracy legislative tool.
- System change and structural reforms thru People’s Initiative to improve the country’s system of governance, eliminate obstacles to development and equitable progress.
- Fully implement e-governance systems with focus on public finance system reform to improve bureaucratic proficiency and operationalize as system-based anti-corruption tool.
- Support SC Resolution on Mandanas, Garcia, Villegas et al petition to reallocate up to 40% of the national budget and devolution of essential public services to LGUs.
- Independent foreign policy leveraging on multilateral alliance initiatives and cost-effective development of credible external defense capability.
- Improve the quality of education aligned with industry requirements, sociocultural values and national development goals.
- Re-nationalization of basic public utility services particularly power and water utilities to lower rates, protect consumer rights and welfare.
For your reference, we welcome suggestions and comments.
So help us God.
Manny SD Lopez
Mobile: (0977) 113-2458, (0960) 913-2979
Visit www.mannysdlopez.com for more information and updates.