BOLINAO, Pangasinan – The Department of Agrarian Reform (DAR) and the DAR Employees Association (DAREA) signed on September 14, a new Collective Negotiation Agreement (CNA) providing additional benefits to DAR workers for the next three years.
The CNA was signed by DAR Secretary Conrado M. Estrella III, and DAREA President Edna L. Rota together with the members of the management-union negotiating panel.
During the signing, Estrella expressed his gratitude to the DAREA for being a key partner in effective governance.
“I am always thankful for the support of the DAREA in the fulfillment of various programs and projects of the agency. I hope for a sustained dialogue for a continued harmonious relationship between the management and the employees’ union,” Estrella said.
The highlights of the 2023-2026 CNA are the following new provisions that guarantee the rights and welfare of the employees:
1. Comprehensive health insurance for workers in addition to the benefits available under the Employees Compensation Commission, the PhilHealth Insurance Program, and other applicable government programs and policies.
2. Allocation for budget for learning and development of for rank-and-file employees.
3. Provision of CNA incentives to each employee pursuant to applicable laws, rules, and regulations.
4. Provision of shuttle services to its employees during emergency situations such as calamities, and the like.
5. Support and implementation of gender and development projects and programs to promote gender equality and address gender issues.
“The signing of our new CNA, which will be in effect for three years, is another milestone that reinforces our dedication as public servants. We at the employees’ union know that this agreement will bring about better working relationships and will foster productivity among the DAR workforce,” Rota said.
The CNA signing was witnessed by the following: Undersecretary Napoleon U. Galit, Assistant Secretaries Susana Serrano and Aurita Ang, Directors Eugene Follante and Emmanuel Fallaria, and the DAREA Central, Regional and Provincial Chapter Presidents.
The DAREA, covering 89 chapters nationwide, is duly accredited by the Civil Service Commission (CSC) and has been recognized as the sole and exclusive negotiating agent of all rank-and-file employees of DAR since March 25, 1997.