By JESSIE MONGCAL, MDN News Bureau Chief
BRGY MIPUTAK, Dipolog City – A top barangay official in Dipolog City reported various infrastructure and other development projects during her tenure of office.
In an exclusive interview with Mindanao Daily News, Miputak Barangay Chairwoman Elina Gamalinda said one of the infrastructure projects she successfully implemented was the function hall in which very useful for the barangay’s activities and meetings.
Although she did not elaborate how much was the total cost of the barangay’s function hall but said it was one of her biggest achievements because it was very useful for all the activities of her barangay.
“Ang atong legasiya sulod sa lima ka tuig mao ang atong function hall nga karon kanunay na nagamit ug functional na kaayo. Nakapatukod ta ug covered court thru sa Congressional Fund. Kini atong gihatagan ug pagtagad aron hamugaway ang atong kabataan ug katawhan,” Gamalinda said.
Gamalinda said the following are the biggest and most effective projects of Barangay Miputak, to wit:
1. Function Hall – She said this hall is very functional to all activities of the barangay. Aside from that the function hall is also an income-generating project for the barangay, as this can be rented to private groups.
2. Covered Court – Chairwoman Gamalinda also managed to construct an income-generating covered court for all users. For a very minimal fee of P250 private and other groups can use their covered for any legal activities they will have in their group.
3. Day Care Centers – The barangay is also able to construct Barangay Health Centers to strengthen the education needs of all children in the barangay.
4. Garbage Facilities – The barangay also bought trucks for easy disposal of their constituents’ garbage. This is to ensure cleanliness in all places inside the barangay. She said the garbage left in the roads are an eyesore in all barangays. Thus, cleanliness is very important.
5. Health care facilities – The barangay has also constructed health care facilities for easy access of the residents in Barangay Miputak. ###