breaking news

Police in Misamis intensify anti-crime drive, checkpoints

August 28, 2020

CAGAYAN de Oro City--Amid the pandemicplaguing the nation, Police authorities in Misamis Oriental aassured the lubic that their ani-crime drive remained. Lt. Col. Reynante Reyes, deputy for opreations of the Philippine National POlice (PNP) in Misamis Oriental, said that their mobile checkpoints are still enforced to monitor the entry and exit areas of the province. Reyes said that the PNP in Misor is also regularly conducting the weekly enhanced managing police operation to itemized the accomplishments of police in terms of their performnces. "Ang Misamis Orintal nagpabilin nga malinawon gumikan kini sa pagpaningkamot sa atong regional director nga si Brig. Gen. Rolando Anduyan," said Police Major Christian Relevo, a police official in Misor. Relevo said that staion commandera are urged to coninue their minor and major operations against the communist-terrorist groups in their resepective areas. He said that in the meantime, the local police are closely monitoring the towns of Opol, Manticao, El Salvador including the boundaries of Lugait. Relevo said that the communist-terrorist group are just passing the western part of Misamis Oriental but no encampment. Both Reyes and Relevo aattended the just held Provinccial Oversight Committee Meeting held at Initao town attended by all police officials of Misamis Oriental.          

READ MORE
Misor eyes pandemic shelter to address surge in Covid-19

August 11, 2020

CAGAYAN de Oro City--Misamis Oriental Provincial Board Member Dexter Yasay yesterday cited the need to construct more pandemic shelter to address the possible surge of Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19) in the province. Misamis Oriental Provincial Board Member Dexter Yasay said the Moving Urban Poor Communities in Mindanao Towards Resilience (MOVE UP Mindanao) has proposed to give pandemic shelter worth P300,000 should the provincial government purchase Community Quarantine Prototypes. "We need to plan one-step ahead of the pandemic kay kinabuhi biya ni sa mga tawo ang atong gi protektahan," Yasay said. Misamis Oriental had already nearly dozen of Covid-positive cases most of them are teenagers. Yasay said the isolation facility will serve as part of coningency plan of the province should there will be surged on Covid-19 cases. He said Covid-19 cases continue to increase thus there is a need to have more isolatio facilites. He said the province had budget or Covid-19. "Anytime, we (the members of the Sangguniang Panlalawigan) submit to the governor sa iyang mga request in line with the pandemic kung moingon siya nga mag re-align walay problema sa amoa kay we know nga kung mogasto si gobernador Bambi it is for the people and is for the prublic service," said Yasay.

READ MORE
Govt hospital wont accept patients from Barangay 35

August 11, 2020

CAGAYAN de Oro City--Despite repeated warnings from President Rodrigo Duterte, a government hospital in Cagayan de Oro City continues to refuse patients from Barangay 35, a barangay official lamented yesterday. Joe Ligtas, punong barangay of 35, said a number of patients were refused admission to JR Borja Hospital (city hospital). Ligtas said these patients are refused admission to the city hospital even if they are auffering  from minor health problems. He said representatives from Barangay 35 were just tld to directy send patients immediately to the Northern Mindanao Medical Center (NMMC), also called provincial hospital. He said a certain Raymunda Bantilan who is reportedly suffering from Loose Bowel Movement (LBM) expired to hospital 3 days afte admission. She reportedly died of kidney failure. Another resident, said Ligtas, identified as a certain 47-year-old Pedring Cagape is now admitted in hospital after complaining of LBM. Ligtas said a number of Barangay 35 residents are suffering from dehydration. "Didto na lang daw namo i diretso sa provincial hospital para ma swab test dayon among pasyente," said Ligtas. At least five zones in Barangay 35 were locked down for 22 days after two of its residents were infected with Covid. Ligtas said 952 families in Barangay 35 were locked down for at least 22 days. In the meantine, Barangay 35 has launched massive clean up drive at Bitan-ag Creek as part of the barangay's anti-dengue campaign. "We employed dozens of residents as part of our Cash For Work program," said ligtas.

READ MORE
PNP-Tagoloan intensifies drive vs all forms of illegal gambling

August 9, 2020

TAGOLOAN, Misamis Oiental--Police authorities of this town have intensified its campaign against all forms of illegal gambling. Police Captain Mark Allan P. Dungca. chief of Tagoloan Police Station, said 39 video karera machines were destroyed at Tagoloan Dome around 10 on Friday. Dungca, however, said that the dozens of video karera that were destroyed were the result of the unified efforts of policemen in Misamis Oriental against video karera. Aside from video karera, Dungca said that policemen in Tagoloan are also strictly monitoring the presence of illegal cockfighting ang card games. He also said that the Philippine National Police (PNP) in Tagoloan town has also arrested one of the "Top 10" high-value target in illegal drugs. He said that policemen in Tagoloan are also engaged in the implementation of ensurng that the public is treligiously following the minimum health standard set forth by the Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) on Coronavirus disease 2019 (Covid-19). "I urged local residents to stop engaging in illegal gambling and illegal drugs," said Dungca in an a phone interview. "Instead of spending their money on gambling and illegal drugs why not use your money to buy foods for your family," added Dungca. He also thanked Mayor Gomer Sabio of Tagoloan town for the the strong support he gave to PNP-Tagoloan. Sabio was present at the destruction of 39 video karera machines with Police Brigadier Gen. Rolando Anduyan, Provincial Director of Misamis Oriental Police Provincial Office, accompanied by Police Colonel Robert Roy V. Bahian, Provincial Director of Misamis Oriental Police Provincial Office. Dungca said that the mass destruction of 39 video karera mahines is in line with the directives of the PNP.

READ MORE
LTFRB-10 requires passengers to wear face shield, face mask starting August 15

August 5, 2020

CAGAYAN de Oro City--The Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board in Region 10 (LTFRB-10) announced Wednesday (August 5) that it will start implementing the "no face shield, no ride policy" starting August 15. Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board  (LTFRB) Regional Director Aminodin Guro for Northern Mindanao said that effective August 15 no passengers are allowed to board any public utility vehicles (PUVs) without wearing face shield (aside from face mask). Guro said that drivers and operators found violating the latest LTFRB Memorandum circular no. 2020-031 will be fined Php5,000 or revocation of their franchise. Guro said that a driver can now deny a passenger for a ride if that passenger will not wear face shield and face mask. "It is now legal," explained Guru apparently referring to one of the common complaints against the drivers: Refusal to convey passengers." LTFRB-10 Transportation Development Officer II Dima-arig M. "Eddie" Diamla said that passengers once onboard a public transport vehicles are no longer allowed to say unnecessary words. Diamla said that starting August 15 all passengers are no longer allowed to talk to anyone inside the PUJ. "He or she is not even allowed to use his or her mobile phone while riding a PUJ," he added. He said the driver can anytime drop the talkative passenger. Guro, on one hand, urged passengers to minimize talking while riding a PUJ to prevent the spread of Coronavirus 2019 (Covid-19). Guro urged the riding public to just follow the wearing of face shield and face mask for their own safety.

READ MORE
10 y.o. girl killed, 8 y.o boy critical as NPA attacks village in Bukidnon

July 30, 2020

CAMP OSITO D BAHIAN, Malaybalay City, Bukidnon:  A 10-year old girl was killed while an 8-year-old boy was critically wounded when armed men believed members of the New People’s Army (NPA) indiscriminately attacked village residents in Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon, the military reported Thursday. Capt. Rene M. Belmonte, Jr. spokesperson of the army’s 403rd Brigade based here, identified the 10-year-old girl as Razel Gumina, of Consolacion, a remote community in the village of Guilang-guilang, Manolo Fortich. Critically wounded was Dexter Nanganlag, 8-year-old, also of Consolacion, Guilang-guilang, Manolo Fortich, Bukidnon. The boy was undergoing treatment in a hospital in Bukidnon. Belmonte said that the residence reported that about eight armed men believed members of the outlawed NPA fired indiscriminately at the village shortly after a team of military personnel left after conducting a peace symposium in the area. Dina Gumina, the mother of Razel, cried for justice for her slain child and decried the NPAs as terrorists who prey on innocent children and civilians living peacefully in remote communities. Lt. Col. Edgardo V Talaroc Jr, the Commanding Officer of 8IBth, condemned the attack and vowed to go after the culprits while extending condolences to the bereaved family of the victim.

READ MORE

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.