BY JOEL CALAMBA ESCOL, Managing Editor
CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Rotary International District 3870 Governor-elect Gilda “Gigi” Go has chosen MARYFEL CABINGAS, a Past President of the Rotary Club of Metro Valencia, as assistant governor for Bukidnon Province, for the Rotary Year 2023-2024.
“Meet AG MARYFEL CABINGAS, a Past President of the Rotary Club of Metro Valencia. She was awarded OUTSTANDING CLUB SECRETARY in the most recent District Conference held in Cotabato City,” DGE Go said.
AG Maryfel is currently the Branch Manager of Valencia Cable TV Network Inc., sister company of PARASAT. Early in her career she was a Radio DJ at UNIVERSITY OF MINDANAO BROADCASTING NETWORK (UMBN).
She also thanked AG Maryfel for accepting the challenge to lead his fellow Rotarians.
“Thank you AG Maryfel for accepting the appointment,” she added.
Duties of Assistant Governor in Rotary
In Rotary, an assistant governor (AG) is an experienced Rotarian who serves as a liaison between the Rotary district leadership and the clubs in a designated area within the district. Some of the duties of an assistant governor in Rotary may include:
1. Club visits: AGs typically visit each club in their area at least once a year to offer guidance and support, and to ensure that clubs are following Rotary International policies and procedures.
2. Membership: AGs work with clubs to help them attract and retain members. They may provide training on membership recruitment strategies and assist with membership retention efforts.
3. District goals: AGs work with the district leadership team to communicate the district’s goals and objectives to the clubs in their area. They also work with clubs to develop and implement plans to achieve these goals.
4. Leadership development: AGs may provide leadership training and mentorship to club leaders, helping them to develop their skills and abilities.
5. Communication: AGs serve as a communication link between the district leadership and the clubs in their area, relaying important information and updates to club leaders and members.
6. Service projects: AGs may assist clubs with planning and implementing service projects, including identifying potential community needs and resources, securing funding, and coordinating volunteers.
Overall, an assistant governor in Rotary plays an important role in supporting the district leadership and helping clubs to be successful in their service and membership efforts. ###
DGE Gilda “Gigi” Go, Rotary International District 3870