Cagayan de Oro 2nd District Rep. Rufus Rodriguez on Thursday attended the budget hearing of the Department of Tourism (DOT) headed by Secretary Maria Esperanza Frasco.
Rodriguez was able to get the assurance of Undersecretary Atty. Sherleen Gail Pamintuan that the following projects for the 2nd District of CdeO will be included in the DOT budget for 2023, under the item Tourism Road Infrastructure Program (TRIP):
- Road leading to Our Lady of Guadalupe Shrine in Brgy. Balubal estimated at Php 80 million
- Road leading to F.S. Catanico Falls in Brgy. FS Catanico to Dao Heritage Tree in Mapawa Ranch, Brgy. Cugman estimated at Php 30 million
- Construction of Access Road leading to Bigaan Falls in Brgy. Indahag estimated at Php 20 million
- Road leading to Manlumot Falls in Brgy. Tablon estimated at Php 30 million
- Road leading to Amaya View in Brgy. Indahag estimated at Php 80 million
The tourism department has also committed to support, through funding, the development of the Heritage Trail for CdeO, Misamis Oriental, and Camiguin.
The project aims to develop Spanish historical ruins into tourism destinations to attract domestic and foreign tourists.
Rodriguez recalls President Bongbong Marcos in his first State of the Nation Address (SONA) stating, “Tourism is not only an important economic development tool but the abundance of opportunities that the sector creates in terms of regular employment and even job creation at the grassroots level is undeniable.”
“The TRIP projects mentioned above and the proposed Heritage Trail are programs initiated to implement President Marcos’ directives on tourism in his first SONA,” the CdeO lawmaker said.
Rodriguez thanks DOT Secretary Frasco, Usec. Pamintuan and DOT-10 regional director May Salvaña-Unchuan for the support of his tourism projects in CdeO.