MisOr braces versus Delta variant spread

FRONT PAGE
By CRIS DIAZ Executive Editor
July 26, 2021

SHARE

MISAMIS ORIENTAL: Provincial Governor Yevgeny Vincente Emano on Monday urged the provincial Inter-Agency Task Force (IATF) to mitigate the possible spread of Delta Variant virus in Misamis Oriental.

 
Emano said that the need to continually update the existing anti-COVID-19 procedures was necessary to defeat the spread of Delta Variant virus in the province.
 
A Delta variant virus was detected in one of the residents in Gingoog City, a component city of Misamis Oriental, but its spread was effectively contained, Emano said.
 
The governor said that loosening the watch against the dangerous and highly contagious Delta variant could provide a window for the virus to exponentially spread in Misamis Oriental.
 
Emano said that "we must prepare for the worst and urged the local government units in the provinces 23 towns and two cokponent cities to rally in supporting the fight against the spread of the Delta variant in the province."
 
Emano said that the increase in Delta variant cases could also be contained proactively through localized lockdowns, more restrictions to unvaccinated person, an active contact tracing.
 
He said that the capacity limits of business firms should be reduced and the curfew hours be adjusted to limit the movement of people, especially the adolescent and minors. 
 
Health officials in Cagayan de Oro said on Monday that the Philippine Genome Institute (PGI) in Manila reported that the new cases of Delta variants in the city were 10 compared to five cases reported last week.
 
Dr. Joselito Retuya, the city epidemiologist, said that the Delta variant cases were found in the genome samples of patients who already recovered from COVID-19.
For the last four days, the average daily admissions of COVID -19 positive cases in Cagayan de Oro City were 166 cases.
 
He said that the traces of Delta variants could be found only when the samples of COVID -19 positive patients were randomly analyzed by the PGI in Manila.
 
Retuya said that the latest statistics also revealed that most of the COVID -19 positive cases this week were patients less than 39-year- old. -0-

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.