ILIGAN CITY —– The former director general of the Philippine Information Agency is now imposing home quarantine in his hometown in Baroy town, in Lanao del Norte in the evening of Saturday, March 14, as compliance to the directives of the Department of Health.
Harold Clavite said he arrived Iligan City from Manila on March 11 after attending the League of Municipalities of the Philippines (LMP) upon the invitation of Kauswagan, Lanao del Norte Municipal Mayor Rommel Arnado.
He stayed two nights in Iligan and another night in Kauswagan before proceeding to Baroy.
“When I arrived in Iligan on March 11, the DOH did not require yet the home quarantine for those who are coming from Manila. The requirement of home quarantine for those who are coming from Manila started when the ‘lockdown’ was imposed on March 15 when Manila was identified is high risk,” Clavite explained.
Clavite arrived from New York on February 25 with layover in South Korea for two hours.
The Barangay Health Emergency Response Team (BHERT) of Poblacion visited Clavite on Sunday morning to get his record of travel history and check his body temperature.
BHERT team will visit him everyday for 14 days.
So far, Clavite said, he is feeling well.
“I stayed in my room since arrival and no contact with anyone from the house. I have a senior citizen diabetic Dad and a cancer patient Aunt next door and they are very vulnerable. So I make sure I don’t interact with them for the next 14 days,” Clavite said in a text message.
“I eat my meals inside my room and only go out to use the bathroom when everyone is out. I have dedicated plates, cups and utensils and they are washed separately,” he added.
“My food is brought at the door and I picked them up. I wear masks all the time and my sister uses gloves and masks when bringing my food.”