DAVAO CITY – As summertime heats up, a fire gutted down eleven houses the other day in Binugao, Toril, this city. This, as the Bureau of Fire Protection (BFP) continued to warn residents to avoid using materials that can easily catch fire.
Police probers who immediately conducted their initial investigation to the origin of the fire pointed to a certain Marivic Agare, who was reportedly cooking a Filipino delicacy “adobo,” when suddenly an oil from the frying pan went straight to an LPG (liquified petroleum gas) tank, which allegedly ignited the big fire.
During the investigation, Marivic did not say whether the LPG exploded but it revealed that the fire caught up a curtain in the kitchen, where the fire also started to spread to the whole kitchen and the house.
The victims’ houses, it was learned, were only made of light materials which the fire immediately spread to neighboring houses.
The fire bureau immediately dispatched their fire-fighting crew and equipment to the fire scene but the big fire could not be controlled anymore forcing the firefighters to save other neighboring houses that can still be saved.
The fire bureau has declared the fire out after one hour, in which, the conflagration unfortunately left all eleven houses razed to the ground.
The fire bureau warned that the usual causes of fire are short-circuited electrical connections illegally tapped by unscrupulous individuals, unattended cooking, and house owners who failed to unplug mobile phones and appliances after a one-night charging and usage.