28.8 C
Cagayan de Oro
Tuesday, May 24, 2022
spot_img
HomeThe RegionNorthern MindanaoDatu Abdullah Sangki, Camiguin tighten guard vs COVID-19

Datu Abdullah Sangki, Camiguin tighten guard vs COVID-19

To keep track of arrivals and further contain the spread of coronavirus disease (COVID)-19, the Municipal Government of Datu Abdullah Sangki in Maguindanao and the Provincial Government of Camiguin keep a record of individuals and monitor the latter’s activities.

“As of now we don’t have any positive cases. Last week we were certified by the Ministry of Health as a temporary treatment center for COVID,” Datu Abdullah Sangki Mayor Datu Pax Ali Mangudadatu said during the Network Briefing News, December 9.

The mayor added that they were able to accommodate 100 persons who reached their town through a certain housing area. 

“The housing that’s not occupied has been permitted by the Ministry of Health to accommodate some of the excess in capacity,” he added.

They also use their COVID patient vehicle to fetch arrivals in Cotabato, General Santos or Zamboanga. 

In responding to COVID-19 cases, Mangudadatu said they established the biggest COVID control and prevention center in Bangsamoro Autonomous Region in Muslim Mindanao (BARMM). 

He added that those who are in isolation are given free breakfast, lunch, dinner, and two snacks. There is also free Wi-Fi, television, and allowance.

“After their 14-day quarantine, the municipal government gives them a minimum wage equivalent to 14 days in support to them,” the mayor said.

Arrival handling in Camiguin

In Camiguin, residents of the province will not be required to undergo the 14-day quarantine provided that they can present a negative result via reverse transcription polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) or swab testing within 12 hours prior to reaching the island from December 15, 2020-January 7, 2021.

This is implemented under Executive Order No. 52 or an order prescribing holiday season quarantine policy. 

Even with this ease of travel, Gov. Jurdin Jesus Romualdo said movements of the arrivals are still limited to essential or emergency purposes only. 

As of December 8, the province has recorded one COVID-19 confirmed case who is an LSI from Davao City. The patient is currently handled at Mambajao municipal isolation unit. 

There are 422 persons with a history of travel or COVID-19 exposure of which 336 are from Mambajao, 26 from Mahinog, 12 from Guinsiliban, 8 from Sagay, and 40 from Catarman. (RTP/PIA10)

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -spot_imgspot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments