CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY – Coronavirus disease is still unstoppable as positive cases in Cagayan de Oro, and elsewhere in the world, is still increasing.
City Epidemiologist Joselito Retuya, Jr, in yesterday’s press briefing, announced 5 new confirmed cases as of July 29th, making the number of positive cases to 140.
Below are break down of the 5 new cases according to Retuya:
136th case – A 26-year-old female from Barangay Kauswagan. She is a locally standed individual (LSI) from Cebu and she arrived in the city last July 22 via the Laguindingan International Airport. She was swabbed on July 27th and the result came out positive. But right now, the covid patient was assymptomatic and she was no known co-morbidity.
137th case – A 19-year-old male from Barangay Gusa, this city and he was also an LSI from Bacolod. He arrived in Cagayan de oro last July 18 via Macabalan Port. He was swabbed on July 27 and the result also came out positive but he was assymptomatic.
138th case – A 34-year-old male from Barangay Tumpagon and he was another locally standed individual from Marikina City in Metro Manila. He arrived in Cagayan de Oro last July 19 via the Macabalan Port and undergo a swab test last July 27th. The swab test confirmed him positive of the deadly virus but he was assymptomatic.
139th case – A 53-year-old male from Barangay Patag. Part of the locally standed individual from Mandaue, Cebu. He arrived at Laguindingan International Airport last July 19. Although he was found positive of the virus, but the patient was assymptomatic with no known co-morbidity.
140th case – A 53-year-old male from Barangay 36 and he was another LSI from Cebu. He arrived in the City last July 19 via Laguindingan Airport. He was swabbed on July 27th and the result was also positive. However, the patient is still assymptomatic.
Menwhile, Dr Rutuya also announced during the press briefing that there were also 13 new recoveries:
* Last Dabatian case
* 63 years old male from Brgy Iponan
* 22 years old, female from Brgy Kauswagan
* 47 years old from Brgy Lapasan
* 93rd case – 26 years old female from Brgy Carmen
* 94th case – 47 years old, male from Brgy Carmen
* 95th case – 35 years old, female from Brgy Mambuaya
* 40th case – 31 years old, male from Brgy Kauswagan
* 66th case – 22 years old, male from Brgy 35
* 77th case – 44 years old, male from Sitio Calaanan, Brgy Canitoan
* 79th case – 47 years old, male from Sitio Macanhan, Brgy Carmen
* 96th case – 19 years old, male from Brgy Consolacion
* 38th case – 21 years old, male from Brgy Balulang