25 C
Cagayan de Oro
Friday, August 12, 2022
spot_img
HomeFront PageArmy rules out sabotage in ammo depot explosion, probe going on

Army rules out sabotage in ammo depot explosion, probe going on

BY CRIS DIAZ

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY: The military has ruled out sabotage on the explosion of the army’s ammo depot in Camp Edilberto Evangelista here midnight Monday, a military officer said Wednesday.

Maj. Francisco P. Garello, Jr., head of the 4ID’s Public Affairs Office, said that an investigation was still going on, especially the assigned unit at the time of the fire and explosion.

“So far, the probe body who flew in from Manila on Tuesday has still to come up an initial findings,” Garello said.

He said that the probe team were still clearing the area, particularly the “Magazine 5” of the ammo complex where the explosives were stalled.

Garello also disclosed that the civilian evacuees remained at the evacuation center in the army camp while the clearing operation continues.

He said that the three civilians who were slightly wounded during the fire and explosion Monday had already ben discharged from the army station hospital here.

A total of 61 families involving 327 individuals were evacuated away from the 500 meter radius at the height of the fire and explosion Monday night.

The army’s ammunition complex located at the back of the military camp stored ammunitions for various high powered firearms, including the 155 mm ammo for Howitzer cannon.

The building were the ammunitions and explosives were stored was levelled off by the fire and explosion that caused property damaged estimated at P 27 million, Garello said. -0-

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -spot_imgspot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments