24.4 C
Cagayan de Oro
Saturday, July 2, 2022
spot_img
HomeFront PageAndanar urges Bukidnon youth leaders to help govt win war vs Covid-19

Andanar urges Bukidnon youth leaders to help govt win war vs Covid-19

KITAOTAO, Bukidnon–Communications Secretary Martin Andanar urged the Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) federation leaders in Bukidnon to continue doing its share to help the government win the war against coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).

In his Kitaotao town visit in Bukidnon province last Friday, Andanar, who is also the Cabinet Officer for Regional Development and Security (CORDS) for region 10, said the Presidential Communications Operations Office’s (PCOO) campaign on “Youth for Truth” is in progress but was pinned down by the pandemic.

However, in an engagement with 20 Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) Federation leaders who converge at Kitaotao townhall, the Secretary in his message underscored the vital role of truth and integrity in societal development. He said that the youth’s leadership in this crucial time has the potential to shape the future of the country and that nothing could hinder the government from keeping the public updated about the ongoing efforts to combat COVID-19.

“You are the molders of the nation’s dreams. You are the mirrors that reflect dignity, honor, and comfortable life for every Filipino which President Rodrigo Duterte strives to fulfill,” he said.

Andanar acknowledged that much has to be done for everyone to enjoy the right to information but was optimistic that the SK (youth council) leaders could help raise awareness to encourage Filipinos to practice the four key preventive behaviors that will help keep themselves and their families safe against the pandemic.

To make the government’s “BIDA Solusyon” campaign work remarkably in fighting COVID-19, Andanar expounded each letter in BIDA that represents “Bawal walang mask; I-sanitize ang kamay at iwas hawak sa mga bagay; Dumistansya ng isang metro; and Alamin ang totoong impormasyon.”

To date, Bukidnon has recorded 154 cases of COVID-19 infections since the coronavirus hit the province. Of this number, 121 had already recovered. Provincial Health Officer Dr. Gary Guido Tabios reported that the remaining 33 COVID-positive persons who are all asymptomatic are on strict quarantine in the province’s designated isolation facilities.

The Palace official said that the present reality is we have COVID-19 and it won’t go away easily. He pointed out that there is no other way but to move forward in the midst of the threat of this global crisis.

“The youths nowadays symbolize the face of one’s culture and society and they play great roles in achieving fruitful events in the community. Hence, as vital instruments in spreading good news on how to contain and prevent the spread of COVID-19, I urged our SK leaders to be the government’s partner in advocating the ‘COVID-19 BIDA Solusyon’ precepts and all other projects and programs,” he said.

The PCOO Secretary also called on the youth and community leaders to take the lead in demonstrating the ‘new normal’ as the country continues to face the threat of the coronavirus disease. (RLRB/PIA Bukidnon)

RELATED ARTICLES
- Advertisment -spot_imgspot_img

Most Popular

Recent Comments