Construction of new houses to quake survivors in Davao del Sur underway

THE REGION
December 31, 2019

SHARE

MAGSAYSAY, Davao del Sur - The construction of new homes for quake survivors in Davao del Sur is now underway, as the project is now being started by the National Housing Authority (NHA)

Those victims of the recent quakes who were rendered homeless would benefit the housing project of the government. Thousands of families in Davao del Sur were rendered homeless as a result of three powerful tremors that hit the province. 

The local government has acquired 2.5 hectare of land in barangay Malawanit, says Mayor Arthur Davin in an interview with reporters. The land, the mayor said, was purchased by party list Dumper PIDA (Philippines Taxi Drivers Association) through the initiative of Rep. Claudine Diana Bautista.

In a report by Inquirer.net, NHA General Manager Marcelino Escalada has already conducted occular inspection of the relocation site in Purok 5, barangay Malawanit last week.

The strong quakes displaced a total of 117 families in barangay Malawanit alone. But there were a few who get help from non-govenrmental organizations and were able to build their new houses. 


RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.