CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY - As the deadly coronavirus disease continue to threaten people around the world, leading online delivery platform foodpanda has also thought of taking part as a support group by delivering free food and refreshment drinks to the covid-19 frontliners.
In the Philipines, most particularly in Cagayan de Oro City, foodpanda in cooperation with its partners has recently distributed food and refreshment drinks to covid-19 frontliners in the city.
foodpanda thanks SeaCakes Sweet Treats, Gabby's Cafe, Johniel’s Bakeshoppe by Wenzkytchen, PotsiCat & Co., Echostore, and Milktea Frappes And Us By Khaikha for their active participation which lead to the success of the food and drinks distribution.
A team of foodpanda went to Northern Mindanao Medical Center, CDRRMO office and distributed food and refreshments to give them more encouragements and to continue doing their acts of heroism as frontliners in this fight against coronavirus disease.
(Editor's Note: In order to know more about this very promising online delivery platform, MDN sent questionaires for our readers to understand and know them even more.)
Here are our questions:
1. How many outlets do you now have in CDO?
- Cagayan de Oro has more than three hundred restaurants on the platform that you can order from the mobile application. Restaurants from fastfood such as Jolibee, Mcdonalds, Greenwich and Chowking to CDO’s favorite restaurants like Bigby’s, Boy Zugba and home concessionaires that want to deliver food made from their homes. Whatever you are craving for name it, and foodpanda has it.
2. Do you have promos for covid-19 in cdo as far as delivery?
- foodpanda is offering free delivery on all deliveries nationwide during the pandemic to help promote the stay at home campaign of our central government. There are also restaurant partners that are offering discount to customers during the pandemic.
In Cagayan De Oro, Kagaynons can have their food delivered for free as far as the Gusa area in the east, LGPIT in the west and Uptown part of the city in the North.
3. Is Panda company owned by Jollibee Corp?
- No, foodpanda is different from the Panda Express (restaurant) owned by Jolibee Coprporation. foodpanda is owned by a german company called Delivery Hero.
Delivery Hero is a leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace with number one market positions in terms of restaurants, active users and orders in more countries than any of its competitors across 40 countries in Europe, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Delivery Hero also operates its own delivery service in 200+ high-density urban areas around the world.
4. What are available Panda menus to order for delivery?
- The menus available for delivery vary depending on the restaurant you choose from. Be it Chinese, Korean, Italian or Filipino food, menus from restaurants are present in the application.
5. Which places now in the Phils have panda outlets?
- foodpanda is expanding rapidly in the Philippines to cater the demand of the people who want their food to be delivered right at their doorstep. Over the last two years, foodpanda opened in key cities in the Philippines such as Davao, Cagayan De Oro and General Santos in Mindanao, Iloilo, Tacloban and Bacolod in Visayas, and Baguio, Lipa Batangas and Pampanga in Luzon.
foodpanda will constantly expand to new cities this 2020 to deliver food that Filipinos love right at the comfort of their home.
foodpanda is dedicated to bringing food lovers around the world their favorite meals from curated local restaurants. Since its creation, the on-demand food delivery service has grown to more than 100,000 partner restaurants in more than 325 cities across 13 Asian and Central Europe countries globally. foodpanda is active in Bangladesh, Cambodia, Hong Kong, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Pakistan, Philippines, Singapore, Taiwan, Thailand, Romania and Bulgaria. It belongs to Delivery Hero, worldwide leader of the food delivery industry. For more information visit www.foodpanda.com
About Delivery Hero:
Delivery Hero is a leading global online food ordering and delivery marketplace with number one market positions in terms of restaurants, active users and orders in more countries than any of its competitors across 40 countries in Europe, the Middle East & North Africa (MENA), Latin America and the Asia-Pacific region. Delivery Hero also operates its own delivery service in 200+ high-density urban areas around the world. The Company is headquartered in Berlin and has over 21,000 employees. For more information, please visit www.deliveryhero.com.
Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.