Improvised explosives destroyed in North Cotabato

FRONT PAGE
By NORCOT NEWS TEAM
April 7, 2021

SHARE

MAKILALA, North Cotabato – The government has destroyed 48 units of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) they recovered during military operations against the communist rebels.

Lieutenant Charles Ian Parel, Officer of the 39th Infantry Battalion (39thIB) said the destruction of IEDs were done in a far-flung area in Barangay Sinkatulan, this province.

Parel said “this is the second batch of IEDs and other bomb-making materials we have destroyed from our operations against the NPA since last year.” 

He said in February, they have also secured and blasted an IED disruptor as part of the initial batch of over 60 bombs seized during operations against the retreating group of the New People's Army (NPA) rebels.

Some materials in bomb-making that were recently seized included explosive substances, PVC pipes, and cut round bars. These were used by the NPA as anti-personnel shield against the government forces.

“We expect that more IEDs and firearms will be recovered by our troopers as the NPAs are dwindling in number in North Cotabato due to the series of surrenders of its members the past several months,” the military officer narrated.

The disposal of recovered IEDs, and firearms are regular activities of the Philippine Army in the province to avoid re-used of said improvised bombs and to protect the citizens.

The Philippine Government including the countries of New Zealand, Canada, United Kingdom and Australia have listed the New People's Army rebels as a terrorist organization. - PNA


 


RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.