BARANGAY DAD TO MAYOR MORENO: "Donate additional salaries to covid-19 affected families" 

FRONT PAGE
By MARK FRANCISCO & MDN Digital News Team
June 5, 2020

SHARE

CAGAYAN DE ORO CITY - Barangay Nazareth chairperson Maximo Rodriguez III has urged Mayor Oscar S. Moreno, V-Mayor Rainier Joaquin Uy and all City Councilors to donate their additional salaries to the poor residents of the city, affected by the covid-19 pandemic.

He said in this times of the covid-19 pandemic, the leaders of the city should not be selfish enough to receive salary increases.

"What they did was very untimely. We are facing this corona virus disease pandemic and our city officials should look into the welfare of their constituents instead of themselves," Rodriguez III pointed out during a press briefing.

He claimed a lot of city residents did not receive the social amelioration program funds and also the 5-kilo and several sardines and chicken donated by the City Gov't.

"A lot of my constituents in Barangay Nazareth have been complaining because they were being depribed of the national government's package, and yet our leaders in Cagayan de Oro were enjoying the salary increases."

He also claimed that while other mayors and government officials took turns of donating their wages and salaries, Officials in Cagayan de Oro were also enjoying their salary increases.

The City Hall's budget officer defended the salary increases of Mayor Moreno, VM Uy and City Councilors. She said the increase was based on Republic Act 11466 otherwise known as Modified Salary Standardization Law of 2019, mandating for said salary increases between 2020 to 2023. 

Menwhile, Rodriguez III also accused the City Gov't of depriving the 26 barangays from the distribution of the second wave relief goods after they all signed for the petition calling for the Enhance Community Quarantine (ECQ) last month. 

City Councilor Jocelyn Rodriguez had earlier lambasted the City Government for allegedly misleading the general public of where the P56 Million emergency fund went into.

Councilor Rodriguez said the P56 Million came from the National Government for the food relief of the city residents affected by the covid-19 pandemic.

"Nganong dili man kana i-ayuda sa katawhan nga gikan man kana sa National Government para ihatag sa mga apektado sa pandemic?" she asked.

    


RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.