MISAMIS OCCIDENTAL (MDN Mindanao News) - Provincial Governor Philip Tan of this province has confirmed to the media that a nine-month-old baby was confirmed positive the other day and among the latest positive cases recorded in the province, bringing the total number of cases to 15 as of June 22, 2020.
But Governor Tan was also quick to announced that the baby is now on stable condition and being strictly watched and closely monitored by medical frontliners.
The baby, Tan said, was among the 8 new cases of covid-19 positive in the province. Recently 20 patients were taken swab samples and eight of them were confirmed positive of the deadly coronavirus disease (covid-19).
Tan said the eight new cases in the province were composed of seven Locally-stranded individuals from Cebu including the 9-month old baby, while one was a local resident of the province.
"So far there was no report that the baby was having trouble breathing," the governor told the media. The baby is now brought to the provincial hospital for care and monitoring, while other patients are now at the quarantine facility of the province.
Hes said recently, around 20 swab samples were sent to the Department of Health for final confirmatory test and the result confirmed that eight residents of the province tested positive of the virus.
As this developed, Governor Tan asked for more prayers for the frontliners and the people as well to follow basic protocols and safety precautionary measures such as social distancing, wearing of facemask, regular hand washing and staying at home to prevent further transmission of the deadly virus.
"If you love your family, wear a face mask, maintain social distancing, wash hands, practice personal hygiene, stay at home and as much as possible avoid crowded places," Tan concluded.
Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.