4 covid-19 positive cases registered in Misamis Oriental 

FRONT PAGE
By MDN Digital News Team
June 21, 2020

SHARE

CLAVERIA, Misamis Oriental - The number of covid-19 positive cases in this province is now four, with the inclusion of latest victim from Claveria town, a fast-booming municipality in the province, the Provincial Health Department reported.

Provincial Health Officer Dr Jerie Calingasan told the media that the fourth confirmed case was a 27-year-old resident of Claveria town. The coronavirus disease latest victim arrived at the Macabalan POrt in Cagayan de Oro last June 18, 2020, but he was immediately transported to the isolation facility in Claveria, as soon as he stepped down at the city's port.

Health officials say the latest covid-19 victim was assymptomatic which means he has no signs of fever, cough, shortness of breath, or any symptom of the disease.

Last week, two confirmed positive for covid-19 in the province were reported by the City Mayor of Gingoog City yesterday, making the number of positive patients to three.

Gingoog City Mayor Erick Cañosa said during a press briefing that the Department of Health has confirmed to him that the 30-year-old father and his 1-year-old daughter were all positive of the deadly coronavirus disease,  based on the result of the reverse transcription-polymerase chain reaction (RT-PCR) confirmatory test conducted at the Northern Mindanao Center (NMMC) in Cagayan de Oro City.

Mayor Cañosa said the father was a construction worker in Tondo Manila and his family were part of the Locally-Stranded individuals (LSIs) who returned to Misamis Oriental on June 10. 

Upon arrival in the province, they were immediately brought to the isolation area in Gingoog City to undergo a 14-day mandatory quarantine before they could go home to their place in Gingoog.

He called on the people of Gingoog City to refrain from descriminating the constituents of the city who were tested positive of covid-19. "Akong gihangyo ang atong katawhan nga likayan nato ang mga diskriminasyon kay dili kini maayo nga binuhatan," appeals Mayor Cañosa.


The first registered coronavirus positive in Misamis Oriental is now currently undergoing medical treatment at the government-run hospital in Cagayan de Oro.

Provincial Health Officer Jerry Calingasan has confirmed the first coronavirus case in the province.

During a live interview over Magnum Radio, Calingasan said the first covid-19 positive was a 29-year-old overseas filipino worker (OFW) from Libertad town this province.
Calingasan said the OFW worked in Saudi Arabia.

He said using this simple tasks would help the people to stay away from the dangers of the deadly coronavirus disease. In fact, 80 percent ang chance nga mas safe kita kung nagasunod kita niini nga basic protocols," he said.

Meanwhile, The IATF of Libertad, Misamis Oriental said on its post on Facebook that on June 6, 2020, they have one Person Under Investigation (PUI-Suspect) that they get from Languindingan International Airport and he was immediately brought to the Libertad isolation facility.

During examination, he was found out having cough and sore throat which are symptoms of covid-19 on June 11, 2020, and immediately a Rapid Diagnostic Test and RT-PCR via swab test was conducted on that same day.

The IATF Libertad has officially announced that the swab test yielded positive result which also made them to decide to coordinate with DOH and to transfer the patient to the Northerm Mindanao Medical Center for proper medication and care.

It was learned that the patient had six other OFWs who boarded the same plane that landed at the airport in Laguindingan. A contact-tracing is now conducted by health authorities as the patient might have transmitted the disease to others who boarded the plane, or someone might have also transmitted to him the virus, as he was still negative when he was in Manila.

Calingasan said those who boarded the plane are still in quarantine in the towns of Lugait, Villaneuva and Gingoog City. But other passengers of said plane were also from the two Lanal provinces and Misamis Occidental.  

The male patient, it was learned, arrived in Manila last May 23 but he undergone a 14-day quarantine upong reaching the aiport in Manila. He was tested there but the result yielded negative. 


RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Subscribe Now!

Receive email updates from Mindanao Daily News.